ORLY COSMIX FX COLLECTION SWATCHES AND REVIEW


Finally I’m putting this up. I must be the last person in the world to post these colours up but well.. at least its here!:-)
Neway, due to financial constraint, I could only purchase 3 of the 6 colours in this collection. I had to properly select them and the winners are… Tada!

Its Not Rocket Science.


Its not rocket science is probably my personal favorite in this collection (haven’t seen space cadet yet). There are two schools of thought for this one; either one loves it, or hates it like hell due to its unique ‘ugly’ shade. I fall in the small group of people who loves it. It has a yellowish brown base, covered with gold and greenish flakes. Absolutely stunning in real. As usual I have no idea how to capture glitters properly hence the low quality pics.. sorryL

Halley’s Comet


Halley’s Comet is exactly like Zoya Charla and OPI Catch Me in Your Net (will do comparison one of these days once I find my Zoya). It’s a beautiful colour but it isn’t unique. I mean how unique can it get if Zoya and OPI looks similar to this? Nevertheless, it’s a turquoise base colour with small little blue, green and gold glitters in it.

Galaxy Girl.


Galaxy Girl is one of the ‘dark’ shades in this collection. It’s a mixture of dark maroon and purple with blue-ish green glitter in it that’s hardly noticeable unless under the sun. It looked nice on my nails so I like this tooJ this colour is similar to Mac’s latest colour; Formidable (it will not be out in Malaysian till Nov)

Overall I love this collection. It is one of those collections that I was waiting impatiently for. Did it disappoint me? Not at all. The formulation is great (its big 4 free!!), the application was flawless (although I needed 3 coats for these), the drying time was pretty fast, and the colours did meet my expectation. I wish Space Cadet wasn’t sold out because that’s what I really wantedL

Even so, yap, this is an awesome collection. The only cons? The price. This retails at much higher price than the normal Orly. But its ok.. Its totally worth it..

So which is your favorite in this collection?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

19 comments:

  1. Ah I cant wait till I get mine! These are so pretty ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, nooo I am the very last person in the world to post anything from this collection. I only have Space Cadet, and it's sitting in my untrieds. LMAO.

    Anyway, these are beautiful swatches!! I love Galaxy Girl on you. I still want to pick that one up, just because it is a dupe for Formidable...can't pass up two polishes in one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaos- at least u hv space cadet:-( I want it too!! Neway ya the galaxy girl is quite a beauty:-D hope u get it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Not Rocket Science looks awesome. Hailey's Comet is gorgeous as well, but I always end up picking out blue polish then having nothing else. It's a terrible curse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! i know what you mean! even i have the same curse for greens. Now ive gt so many of them! But still love em:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great swatches! do you know where they sell Orly in malaysia? i've never seen it around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Grace! Glad you like it:-) neway there were few I found in sg Wang but they don hv such huge selection of it. Y not check out www.nailfiesta.com?:-) good luck :-) hope u get wht u want

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great on you! My favorite by far is Galaxy Girl, I even have a back up already :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your carefully selected picks were great. Those are the most intersting colors from that collection. Pricey though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its Not Rocket Science rocks!!! I'm such a sucker for green polishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jana! really! thats great! I seen ppl doin tht for space cadet but not for Galaxy Girl..Im impressed!
    kitty polish- Thanks! ya it is a bit pricy but totally worth it:-D
    Niki- Me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. babe, i think i can get space cadet for u here in sg. wanna do a swap? :D contact me at my blog ok? ;)
    squovalicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh jamie i would love to! gonna contact u:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The green one looks nice but I haven't tried green polishes before,maybe i'll try it soon.XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like halley's comet. Love that shade of glittered turquoise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kimchi- thats also nice. But quite normal though:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want them to, I have the dark blue but I really want space cadet someday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails