ORLY TIS IS THE SEASON COLLECTION SWATCHES & REVIEW


Morning girls.
Today I’ve got a new Orly collection to show to you guys. Initially I didn’t really like it as usual. I was contemplating whether to buy it or not but after so much thought, the shopaholic side of me took charge and I bought this collection. The reason why it didn’t interest me initially was because all brands tends to come out with similar colors with probably a shade or two lesser every winter and I didn’t want to get few of the same colors In my collection. But somehow there was this ‘magnetic’ force that had pulled me towards this collection so tada… here it is.

Winter Wonder.


Winter wonder is a white silver-ish, shimmery glitter polish that’s absolutely great! I love this one! I think it was created to resemble snowflakes and although I’ve never seen one in real life, this might look like itJ this was three coats with OPI ridge filler as the base to bring that colour ‘out’.

Glitz & Glamour.



This is a gold, shimmery glitter polish. It’s a little towards the bronze-yellow side. Reminds me of OPI’s Bling Dynasty but I don’t have a comparison to show you girls. This was 2 coat. The shimmer is quite dense and that itself surprised me!:-)

Rockin Rocket.



Rockin Rocket is a burgundy- purple color that has a little shimmer on it. I don’t usually like burgundy but I’ve got to give this some credit though. There is something really nice about this color that it became my second favorite in this collection. I just don’t know how to explain it! This was also 2 coats.

Meet Me Under The Mistletoe.

Blue-green with lots of gold shimmer and it leans more towards the blue. A pretty color but again since there are just too many blue-greens this year I just cant like this 1 no matter how beautiful it looks:-(

Candy Cane Lane.


Another creamy red that looks like OPI’s Big Red Apple type. Boring!...

Naughty Or Nice.



A common blackish- purple-ish cream polish. 2 coats was enough for this 1.

Overall this collection had some gorgeous color, and some boring old colors. The application was great and the drying time ws marvelous. Getting rid of the shimmer was a pain though but all in all, I feel that it’s a standard ok collection. I want more from Orly! Something like the Cosmix collection!




Blog Widget by LinkWithin

13 comments:

  1. All look very pretty on you. I can't believe you don't like MMUTM! I missed out on this one since TD doesn't ship Orly int anymore:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockin Rocket looks great! I just bought Naughty or Nice so I hope I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter Wonder and Glitz & Glamour looks awesome!XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. got my eye on rocking rocket and
    Meet Me Under The Mistletoe. glitz and glamour looks a bit too bright for me though :X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Millie- ya its nice but really its not that unique:-(

    Toes- its nice too so dont worry:-)

    Kyelin- aha:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie:-0. I think glitz and glamour would look nice on certain ppl only. Not many though:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love Meet Me Under The Mistletoe and Rocking Rocket~ :D and Glitz & Glamour looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous swatches! :)

    I don't really care for reds and near-blacks so the cremes are doing nothing for me. However, I really like the shimmers! I'm afraid G&G might be too warm for my skin tone though...

    I picked up Meet Me Under the Mistletoe last week and it is so pretty. The finish looks very similar to my Cosmics, and as I'd read reviews saying it was a blue-toned green I was a bit afraid it might be close to ChG Watermelon Rind, but compared to that it is totally a goldeny green. <3

    Now I really want Winter Wonderland as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like Winter Wonderland and Meet Me Under the Mistletoe...but I just bought a bunch of the China Glaze holiday polishes, and I feel like a girl can only own so many holiday themed colors. Too bad... :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! My favorites are Rockin Rocket and Naughty Or Nice *___*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want Winter Wonder, it does look like snowflakes on your fingers. I do like all the rest too, but that one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. rockin rocket and meet me under the mistletoe is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails