OPI DESIGNER SERIES SWATCHES, REVIEW AND COMPARISON


Want some little diamonds on your nails? Check out this OPI Designer Series’ compilation I’ve put together (only those I had of course)

OPI DS Classic:


DS Classic is champagne like colour that sparkles like mad under the sun! Its very similar to Nubar’s Spark from the Prism Collection. Comparatively, I prefer the Nubar’s in terms of application etc. However, when it comes to the sparkly, holo-like effect (which I really couldn’t see but people are talking all about it), both are the same

OPI DS Opulence


DS Opulence is a pinkish, mauvish polish that really looked like little diamonds on nails. It’s nothing unique though. Not a fan of this so I really can’t write anything nice about it :-(

OPI DS Glow  

         
When I saw glow, I thought it really looked like one of those regular OPI polishes- OPI Charmed by the snake, OPI Bling Dynasty etc. On the contrary, this turned out to be denser in terms of sparkles in it, and its obviously more opaque. But then again its DS series so.. DUH!! Again; not a fan of this.

DS Coronation


This is a gorgeous silver-platinum like diamond polish that’s I couldn’t keep my eyes off when it was on my nails! You can actually see the holo effect on this one! Not so much intense like CG’s OMG collection or nfuoh, but it does have the holographic effect to some extend. Out of all the DS series I have; love this the most!

Overall; application was great, formula is good, and removal was easy. The only problem is? Price! This retails for Rm73 in Malaysia and elsewhere I believe its $2 more. That’s a little bit towards the high end because seriously; there isn’t any difference at all between these and Nubar’s Prism collection. Would I buy this anymore? No

So do you girls have your own DS collection? What do you think?


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

  1. I have very few sparkle polishes in general and even fewer Holo sparkle. I shy away from any of the really expensive brands unless there's a wicked sale, or it's one I CAN'T stop thinking about. :) I'm craving China Glaze "Sexagon" and "Visit me in Prism" holos. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted these and reviewed them. I thought all DS had obvious holo, and I would have been sadly disappointed. Now I will be sure to check swatches and reviews before I buy, or just leave these at the store and wait for another collection like OMG to come out. One of these nail polish businesses must come out with holos sometime soon! They simply must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh! glitter! (; love this. especially the pink and gold ones

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love holo's but these aren't that holo, but I still think they're pretty.I have some OPI DS polishes I didn't buy them because of the holo but they are just beautiful. If I want holo I put on my China Glaze Kaleidoscope or OMG collection or Nfu Oh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. not a huge fan of these, except for maybe Opulence or coronation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails