OPI BASQUE IN THE SUN AND BM01 FAUXNAD SWATCHES

Morning Girls..
Today is all about bronze and browns. Ok not really. The reason I’m having this post is because I came across one of the discontinued colour by OPI; OPI Basque In The Sun, from the European Collection from back in 2002 if I’m not mistaken. It was described as warm caramel shimmer. Is it? Well it is! It’s a sheer, a lot like tanned golden brown, with a small sparkly silver shimmers. Its quite a beauty on its own way, however Its not for everyone though. It would look nice on fair or medium tones skin. Not for those who are pale or dark as the colour wouldn’t stand out in these tones.




With Flash:

I wanted to do some comparison with other browns, however I couldn’t find any that was similar, so instead I did mini swatches on all the browns I have:-)



With Flash:

The colours are:
  • OPI BASQUE IN THE SUN
  • OPI CHARMED BY A SNAKE
  • OPI CHOCOLATE MOOSE
  • OPI CHOCOLATE SHAKESPEARE
  • OPI BAREFOOT IN BARCELONA


This is how it looked with BundleMonster Konad sun image from BM01 plate.

With matte topcoat.


Application wise it was not a pro wide brush, so for someone like me who have constantly been indulged by OPI’s current brushes; had a problem using them. Formula wise its not Big 3 toxic free; so naturally it had the smell I always hate ( my housemates are addicted to it though). Its was kind of to the streaky side. Very sheer so the pictures above were mostly 4 layers. You can get away with 3 though. I on the other hand like it fully opaque.
So.. Hope you girls like this.. will come up with something more fun tomoro (hopefully if i have the time:-))
Till then..
Take Care..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

  1. Ah, those browns and nudes. I like the barefoot in barcelona the most for some reason. Cremes are just up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like barefoot in barcelona! Very nice nude clr (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails