Polish Nightmare

Editor's Note;


Several people informed me about this but i've never directly came across this, but today, I encountered fake OPI!. It was one of my worst nightmare come true. My supplier told me before that this place actually do sell fake ones but I just couldn’t believe her initially, so I went there to investigate them myself. And true enough they are FAKE!!


Upon entering this shop, I saw nicely arranged OPI bottles of various color. They look so real. In fact they even have a label wrapped around the bottle saying about wide-brush formula just like the original ones. However, I was a bit skeptical with the OPI label though as they were not as smooth as the original ones. Then I carried a bottle and imagine my horror when I realized it wasn’t even ½ the weight of the original ones. On top of that the names on the bottles were so funny! Imagine very bery bravery on a yellow polish! Since when OPI came out with silly names like that? The next bottle had the same name and so on. Tried to smell them but couldn’t as they were wrapped with yellow old-school tape. Only one could be opened as a tester, and the smell!! God! It was horrible, probably because of the trio-toluene, formaldehyde and DBP. ! Price? It was Rm29 each.


So for those of you out there, whenever or wherever you purchase your OPI colours, please do make sure you are familiar with them. The names and colors especially. And if possible, smell them as well as the original OPI are free from those three toxic trio since 2006. Don’t get excited when the price is cheap as they might be fake and disastrous to your nails. Besides, its just isn’t worth it! Buy Original and have healthy strong nails!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

  1. when was this? and where in Malaysia? wow i never would have thought that there would be a place selling fake OPI here. Thanks for the info Nisha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails